If you’re a traveler, you probably know by now that an airport isn’t the best place to grab some grub. But if you’re running out of time to get some food elsewhere, you are left with no choice but to buy something at the airport before you fly. In this article, we are going to share ten essential tips on what to eat and what not to eat at the airport. Let’s begin!
- Bring Your Own Food
- Probably the most basic tip
which is a no brainer is to pack your own meals before flying off. Not only it
saves you cash, but also time as well from finding something to eat inside the
- Eat Just As You Would Eat at Home
- Why spend wads of cash on
sugary high-calorie inducing pancakes or pop tarts when you can change your
mindset into eating like you would at home. Stop settling for those mouth-watering
expensive meals and find pre-packed ones that won’t break your wallet.
- Long Flights? Pack Sleepy Snacks
- Unless if you’re the master of
sleeping that can put your body to rest in a matter of minutes, it’s better to
pack some sleepy snacks with you especially if you’re traveling on long
distances. Dried Montmorency tart cherries can help you get your much-needed
shut-eye inside the plane so don’t forget to bring some.
- Increase Your Protein Intake
- Probably the culprit of your
sweet-devouring cravings is the stress of traveling. So before anything else,
pack something that can make you full and satiated especially foods that are
rich in protein. Such example is beef or turkey jerky paired with nuts. This
duo can keep your hunger at bay while making you feel alive and awake
throughout your flight.
- Starbucks is Your Friend
- Got no time to prepare such
food? Find the nearest Starbucks and choose from their plenty of grab-and-go
options. They also have protein-rich selections such as the Spanish and feta
wrap or their delicious latte with milk for that added protein and calcium.
- Overload with Snacks for Long Flights
- Fancy staying awake during long
flights? Then it’s better to pack some healthy snacks with you to keep your
body active while you contain your excitement on your trip. Pack up on roasted
nuts, fruits such as an apple or oranges, celery sticks paired with peanut
butter, carrots, and protein bars.
- Bring Breakfast Items
- Staying on top of your health
when it comes to food choices is a challenge while on the flight. So before
anything else, bring a pack of unsweetened gluten-free oatmeal with you paired
with a single-serve packed almond butter.
- Look for Alternatives
- If you like to devour on salty
and unhealthy chips, then time to find good and crunchy alternatives instead.
Opt for crunchy vegetables such as celery sticks and carrots. Or find healthier
versions of crackers such as the Snap Peas, a snack pack that’s loaded with
protein and fiber.
- Make Smart Food Choices
- Since the airport is not the
best place to satisfy your healthy cravings, then how about trying to make
smart food choices instead? If you have an apple with you for example, make it
as a dessert instead of opting for sweet and sugary ones.
- Opt for Appetizers Instead of Full Meals
- Meals that are prepared at the airport are most likely made from poor-quality ingredients since they are limited in supply and the sheer physics of mass meal production. So instead of opting for full-loaded meals, choose appetizers and treat them as “meals.” It saves you from calories and cash, also leaving you light without feeling bloated while keeping you satiated at the same time.